If you are interested in keeping track of the latest updates or you want to update the old iOS version, the iPad 8 tablet is a great choice, simply because it is relatively inexpensive compared to other devices.
Let’s get familiar with the specifications of the iPad 8 device and discuss the strengths and advantages that you get as well as the disadvantages and defects that you must be aware of so that you can evaluate the device and decide whether it the iPad for you or not.
Apple iPad 8 Main Specs
Apple iPad 8 2020 Specs Review
- Let’s talk first about the design of the iPad 8. As usual, the design of the iPad is known to everyone. It comes with aluminum and glass manufacturing materials. The back and the frame are made of metal with a simple Apple logo in the middle and a rear camera.
- The bezels are quite pronounced and when held vertically, the Touch ID button is positioned below the screen. At the top of the iPad 8 there’s a headphone jack next to the power button.
- At the bottom of the iPad 8 there is a charger port and stereo speakers placed next to it.
- As for the screen, it comes with a 4:3 format ratio, which has the home button at the bottom and the front camera at the top.
- The dimensions of the iPad 8th generation is 250.6 x 174.1 x 7.5 mm and the weight is 490 g (Wi-Fi) / 495 g (LTE) (1.08 lb.) which is a bit heavy but you will get used to it after some time.
- The iPad 8 comes in three colors: Silver, Gold, Space Gray
- The iPad 8 is available in more than one version in terms of internal memory and in terms of operating Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi + 4G cellular network.
- As for memory, there are two versions: the first 32 GB + 3 GB RAM and the second 128 GB + 3 GB RAM.
- Pay attention that it is not possible to install a memory card in the iPad 8, so make sure to choose the best suitable space that suits you.
- You have the option to buy the iPad 8 Wi-Fi only, however you will not be able to use SIM cards with it. But the advantage of this version is that it is cheaper in price, as the full version (WiFi + network) is more expensive.
- The iPad supports 4G networks, in addition to the third and second generation networks.
- A Nano‑SIM can be installed in the iPad 8 (supports Apple SIM6),
- The device comes with a 10.2-inch Apple Retina IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1620 * 2160 pixels, which gives a pixel density of about 264 pixels per inch (ppi).
- The 4:3 screen ratio, anti-scratch and oleophobic coating has anti-fingerprint and oleophobic coating.
- The screen occupies 74% of the iPad due to the large bezels on all sides.
- The screen also supports the first generation Apple Pencil.
- In terms of performance, the iPad 8 has a chipset of Apple A12 Bionic / hexa-core processor, a 7-nanometer manufacturing technology, and an Apple GPU graphics processor.
- It works with Apple iPad OS 14 system and is upgradable to to iPad OS 14.6.
- The fingerprint sensor is integrated into the home button located at the bottom and works seamlessly.
- The device supports other sensors: proximity, acceleration, light, gyroscope, atmospheric pressure, a sensor for the personal assistant Siri to recognize voices.
- The iPad 8 has an 8-megapixel rear camera with an f/2.4 lens slot and a 1.2-megapixel front camera with an f/2.2 lens slot.
- The rear camera offers a 1080p @ 30fps video shooting: 720p @ 120fps slow-motion video can be recorded and the front camera can shoot 720p @ 30fps video.
- The cameras also support: face and body recognition, digital zoom x3, photo holography and other basic camera features.
- iPad 8 comes with two stereo speakers at the bottom to provide a better audio experience / stereo speakers.
- The iPad is equipped with a second microphone for noise cancelation which is necessary for video/audio recording and calls.
- The iPad 8 is equipped with the Global Positioning System (GPS), as well as other navigation systems for more accurate positioning.
- The device supports connection to Wi-Fi networks at the following frequencies a/b/g/n/ac in addition to Hotspot support and Bluetooth version 4.2.
- iPad 8 has a Lightning USB 2.0 charging port.
- It comes with a Lithium battery and the battery lasts for 10 hours when used in browsing the web and watching videos.
- The device comes with a USB-C charger of 20 watts capacity , as well as a USB-C to Lightning charger cord.
- See How to Preserve Laptop Battery Health in just 3 steps.
- There is a 3.5 mm input at the top of the iPad 8 next to the power button to connect your headphones, but no headphones of any kind are included in the device box.
- A full-size Smart Keyboard can be connected to enjoy a better experience and also get some tasks done faster.
- Of course, when you buy the Apple Pencil with the iPad, you can take notes on documents and photos, as well as draw and jot down ideas and a lot of special tasks.
Cons of the Apple iPad 8 2020
Pros of the Apple iPad 8 2020
What comes in the box of the iPad 8?
- The iPad 8th generation.
- A 20 Watt charger brick.
- USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Two Apple stickers.
The iPad 8 costs $329.99 for the 32G and $429.99 for the 128G